Many of you who are reading this get my e-newsletter with regular updates about my fledgling real estate business- or at least you’ve received the first installment! For you, this blog will be a place to get additional content such as cathartic rantings and musings, perspectives of a neo-pro real estate agent, market updates, home improvement tips, as well as links to my soon-to-be-launched video blog and more.
|Me in front of the GoodLife building side-mural at E. Cesar Chavez and Waller|
There will also be many of you who happen upon this blog and have no idea who I am. My name is Barrett Raven and I am a Realtor with GoodLife Realty in beautiful Austin, Texas. I am extremely passionate about being a resource and support for friends (new, old, and not-yet-made!) and family who are navigating and pursuing the fantastic world of property ownership. At GoodLife, I have access to some amazing people who will support me in lightening your burden, educating you in the home-buying or selling process, and providing you with a five-star experience every step of the way.
|My new GoodLife peeps!|
I have only been at it for a few weeks and, already, it’s been so much fun. Here are a few comments people have made to me when they learn about my new real estate venture:
- “You’re going to be awesome at this!”
- “A Realtor? Really? You? Why?”
- “You’re going to make so much money!”
- “Most Realtors don’t make any money.”
- “Realtors are useless.”
- “Realtors are golden. Irreplaceable.”
- “My Realtor didn’t do anything. I did everything.”
- “My Realtor is my hero.”
- “What exactly does a Realtor do?”
- “This is a great market for getting into real estate.”
- “This is a really tough market for getting into real estate.”
- “Don’t do business with friends or family.”
- “Only do business with friends and family.”
- “Real estate is a people-business.”
- “Real estate is a numbers game.”
And this is only the tip of the iceberg! Therein lies my purpose for writing this blog: I will be chronicling my journey as a new agent as I confront these bits of folk wisdom firsthand. I invite you to join me. Please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email, call, or comment if you have any questions or ideas.
I hope you enjoy!